The ASU Real Estate Council provides leadership opportunities to enhance academic programs and foster mutually beneficial relationships among students and real estate professionals through various networking and professional development opportunities. Please click HERE for a list of Real Estate Council members.
The council’s primary mission is to promote excellence in education by providing time, talent and financial resources to enhance the student experience.
Real estate education at W. P. Carey has a positive impact on the real estate industry by helping students better prepare to contribute to the responsible, ethical and profitable growth of our community. To become actively involved in helping students achieve these objectives, please click HERE .
- Access to various research and data relating to the commercial markets.
Access to New Talent
- The Masters of Real Estate Development students are exceptionally qualified and extraordinarily dedicated. Members have priority access to these Students through personalized access to student resumes as well complimentary job postings to the MRED Alumni network for hiring opportunities. As entrepreneurial real estate professionals, our students will contribute to your company’s success from day one.
- Opportunity to engage with students enrolled in the undergraduate real estate minor program as potential intern prospects for your company.
Student and Program Engagement
- MRED brings many industry leaders into the classroom to guest lecture on a variety of relevant topics to augment the curriculum. Council members are a primary source for participation.
- Members have the opportunity to mentor MRED students and provide them a valuable opportunity to learn from professionals in the field.
- Members may be selected to serve as a team mentor for student Synthesis Project 1 and their capstone Synthesis project.
- Members also serve as resources for student team projects. By engaging in this way, mentors may hone their skills in presentation, consultation, and mentoring.
- Members may participate in identifying and cultivating prospective students for the MRED Program
Invitation to Industry Events
- Invitations for you and your guests to attend small group speaker series focused on real estate topics.
- Invitations to a variety of events to interact with students, including opportunity to act as industry reviewers for student presentations.
Philanthropy and Scholarship
- Member contributions fund annual scholarships to the MRED program.
- Member contributions also help fund such key initiatives as faculty development, student programs, and training in industry standard software and technology.
Network and Engagement
- Meet and network with others in the real estate industry equally concerned about the quality of our community.
- Utilize other Council Members as potential business associates and partners, share experience and gain new ideas from a varied cross section of industry professionals
- Opportunity to attend Economic Club of Phoenix events at discounted prices.
All funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation for A New American University, a nonprofit organization that exists to support Arizona State University (ASU). Gifts in support of ASU are subject to foundation policies and fees. Your gift may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions.