Role of Session Chairs
Thank you for serving as a session chair for CARISCA 2022 Annual Supply Chain Research Summit! Session chairs will perform the following duties:
Before the Summit:
- Identify the session/time slot(s) you will be chairing in the schedule.
- Be familiar with the names and titles of the presentations in your session(s).
- Contact the presenting authors/speakers in your sessions to confirm their attendance and explain the expectations.
During the session:
- As session chair, you will serve as host of the Zoom session for the presentation.
- If attending the session virtually, please log in to Zoom before the scheduled start of the session. Use a strong internet network and turn on your video during the session. A wired connection works best, where possible.
- If attending in-person, please be in the room at least 15 minutes before the start of the session and work with the CARISCA team in the room to log in to the Zoom platform.
- As session chair, you may share the presentations or allow the authors to share their screens during presentations.
- Briefly introduce the session and authors, introduce the rules (time allowed for each presentation, Q&A) and generally manage the presentations, ensuring that presenters keep to time and that the session starts and ends on time. The duration of each session is one hour. There are typically two to three presentations in each session.
- For research presentations, a maximum of 14 minutes per presentation should be allowed. Allow 15 minutes for Q&A at the end of the three presentations. Alternatively, you may choose to allow five minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- For panel discussions, you have the flexibility to manage the time as you deem fit within the allotted one-hour duration.