How Africa Matters to the Global Supply Chain
This three-day supply chain research conference will feature keynotes, invited sessions, panel discussions and a dissertation competition. The summit will be a hybrid event featuring in-person and virtual presentations. In-person sessions will be held in Ghana at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi; virtual sessions will be held via Zoom.
The planned tracks and topics include:
Track One: General Supply Chains
- Logistics and transportation management
- Procurement, sourcing and supply chain management
- Manufacturing and production management
Track Two: Sectoral Supply Chains
- Health/pharmaceutical supply chain
- Humanitarian operations and disaster management
- Agriculture and commodities supply chain
Track Three: Emerging Issues in Global Supply Chains
- Globalization and supply chains
- Sustainability issues in supply chains
- Emerging technologies in supply chains including blockchain technology, big data analytics, predictive analytics and artificial intelligence
- Global supply chains and grand challenges
This conference is geared toward faculty and students interested in supply chain issues and opportunities in Africa, as well as supply chain professionals. Our goal is to create a supportive network of pan-African supply chain researchers to facilitate large-scale collaborations and increase institutional and public/private sector and civil society organization relationships.
Call for Papers
This year’s summit will take an in-depth look at How Africa Matters to the Global Supply Chain, and we hope you will share your research, knowledge and insights as a presenter.
Submit your abstract online by February 28, 2022, to be considered for this year’s summit.
Best Dissertation Competition
The 2022 program committee is also pleased to announce a call for the best PhD dissertation proposal. CARISCA will recognize the winner and two runner-ups at the event. Submit your dissertation proposal for consideration today.
Get event updates
Please subscribe to the CARISCA mailing list to receive event updates.