As in past years, the 2023 Supply Chain Research Summit will showcase the best logistics and supply chain management PhD research projects being carried out in African higher education institutions. The call for entries is now open.
CARISCA will recognize a winner and two runner-ups with a certificate and stipend at the 2023 summit, “Africa’s Supply Chains and the Future of Work,” June 20-22. The dissertation committee will also provide feedback on submissions upon request.
We invite submissions from doctoral researchers whose primary affiliation is with a university or higher education institution in Africa and whose research is in logistics and supply chain management.
Applicants must be PhD researchers who have at least defended their proposals by the time of the conference. Proposals are also invited from candidates close to the final submission or defense of their thesis.
Proposals are welcome from all African countries, including Francophone and Anglophone countries, but the proposals should be submitted in English.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Finalists will be notified by the end of April.
- The candidate must be the primary owner of the study.
- The topic of the PhD research must be focused on logistics and supply chain management.
- The candidate’s primary affiliation must be to a university or other higher education institution in Africa.
- Abstracts-only submissions will not be accepted for the session.
- PhD candidates must register for the summit and be ready to give a presentation of their research in English at the summit if selected as a finalist. Attendance can be in person in Accra, Ghana, or virtual.
- Submissions must be made online as a single PDF file.
- Submissions should be between 5-10 pages long (12-point font, single-spaced).
- Submissions must include the candidate’s curriculum vitae (maximum of 2 pages of the 5-10 page limit).
- Proposals should cover the overall motivation of the study, literature area, research questions, potential contributions, methodology, results (if available), and potential managerial and policy implications for Africa.
- Candidates may also include related additional materials to accompany their submissions (e.g., conference papers, published papers, working papers).
Contact Kekeli Adonu at email@example.com