We invite you to join us on a journey. A journey our team often refers to as making Stone Soup.
Stone Soup is a fable from 18th Century Europe that recounts how a traveler who had no food brought a community together during a famine to create a hearty and filling soup for all to share. He accomplished this feat by starting a soup with only a stone and inviting everyone in the community to contribute any food that they could.
We recognize and appreciate that CARISCA is only a stone, and we need a strong community to reach our goals.
In CARISCA’s first year, we accomplished a lot:
- Awarded over 60 scholarships to master’s and PhD students at KNUST;
- Created two new supply chain courses and four new degree programs;
- Initiated 18 new research projects;
- Trained 360 participants at public events; and
- Assembled an international advisory board and partnership coordinating committee with over 60 business leaders and governmental and nonprofit executives from around the world.
We know this is only the beginning, and there is much work to be done, but as we reflect on our progress so far, we want to acknowledge your contributions to our success.
Only by working together can we create a sustainable educational model that empowers people to improve their lives, their communities, and their collective futures.
We cannot do it alone, and we look forward to your thoughts about how CARISCA can add value to supply chains in Africa.
Please join us on our journey to make Supply Chain Stone Soup.
Dale Rogers and Nathaniel Boso